Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Paris Actually Happened!

Well, as most of you know, a few years ago Big D and I had a one day stop over in Paris on our way to Germany. We thought that would be all that we would ever want to see of France. Well, that stop changed a lot of my ideas about France and the French, and ever since I have wanted to go back.

Big D took a trip to Russia shortly after we had #3, and it was in Nov., so with a new little one and the freezing cold...I stayed behind. So,he promised me a "girls trip" when I was ready. Well, my girls trip turned into girls, and my father-in-law. He came along as our "photographer", ha ha. We were really glad to have him along. He is always fun to have around. He seemed to do things that would have us rolling daily and it was all unintentional.

We did all of the typical things; Louvre, Champs Elysee, Arch De Triumph, Versaille, Opera House, Luxemburg Gardens, Catacombs, Saint Chapelle, Concergerie, Notre Dame, Open Markets, SHOPPING, Seine River Cruise, Eiffel Tower, Pompidue, Napoleans tomb, Pantheon, many cathedrals, a day trip to Normandy,...And crepes at least once a day.

It was such a fun trip! I think the highlights for me were the Opera house, the sparkly Eiffel Tower at night, Normandy, shopping, crepes, and those that joined me. I think we made great traveling buddies (Cheryl, Whitey, Krissy, Morgan, and Sydni). I love European baby clothes, so little D made out with a lot of Euro clothes and shoes!

Our Favorite Crepe Stop by Notre Dame. We stopped here everyday!

1 comment:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

That last picture is just beautiful!!! I am very jealous. The crepes sound good too. Glad you got your trip! Who were all of the girls you went with- friends, family, etc??