Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas, here we come!


So, now we can officially bring out the Christmas decor, and turn on the Christmas music! My favorite time of year. Me and the 2 older boys headed downtown for the Light the City festivities. Along with Grandma, Grandpa, Krissy and her children, and Breez and Jina. We took the train into the city. First stop, the Old World Christmas Market. We mostly enjoyed a German shop that had authentic German food. The boys and I shared a spretzla. T inhaled it! Next stop (and we saw temple square along the way) was the Gateway. They had a nice program, and then lit their tree, and the lights went to music. Finally we got a real meal at Rumbi, and then got back on the train and headed home. What a fun evening to welcome in the Christmas spirit.

There was a really fun piano concert, and the pianist threw out balls. This Grandma made sure her Grandkids got a ball. I wish you all could have seen it, it was great!

5 comments:

MyOhMy said...

Sounds like a fun outing.... such a great idea

Dawn said...

FUN! WE still have not taken the train! But the food sounds super good...

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

What a cute blog and family! I am so glad that I found it! Your boys are sure getting big!

Annette Rose said...

That looks like tons of fun! What is a spretza? Is that what you called it? I've never heard of that before! Merry Christmas!

The Odermott's said...

Jana I hope all is well. But I have a silly question. Will you post the Bread recipe that you used when we were in Utah last year. I loved the bread and I just got a Kitchen aid. and have been having fun but i still haven't found a good bread recipe that I like as much as yours. Thanks