Monday, February 23, 2009

A Weekend of Museums

Friday night Big D had the itching to get out, but we had nothing planned. He asked me if I had any ideas, nothing was wanting to come to mind. So, to get him to come up with something, this is was my text to him...shopping and a treat! He replied shopping where? Are you kidding? I can come up with something better then that! The plan worked. So, we ended up going to the Monte L. Bean Museum of natural History. The boys love that museum, and M brought his cousin along with us. After, this was my contribution to the evening plans, we went to the BYU Creamery for banana splits. My camera had a dead battery with no back-up. So, we missed some good shots.

The next morning we headed out for breakfast at IHOP. It was lots of fun! We realized M is ready to move out of the kids menu. At least during this growth spurt he seems to be having. He ate his breakfast, most of T's eggs, and some of Dad and Mom's breakfast! When we usually leave with plenty of food to spare, M cleaned all of the plates. We made a stop at Lowes for a new shower head for the shower Nana will be using when she comes in a couple of days. Then, off to the Hutchings Museum. Again, the boys loved it. I think their favorite rooms were the mining room, which was filled with all sorts of rocks/gems..., Indian room where they beat on a big drum, ground corn into corn meal..., Wild West...they pretty much loved it all. Well, except for the jail. T was scared to death of it. We couldn't even get him to go in for a picture. It looks pretty harmless in the picture, but to the side of M there are 2 cells that are set up with manikins and like there are inmates there. I do have to say that I wasn't expecting that when I walked into it either and I jumped.

Later that night we had friends over to hang out...good times!




1 comment:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow! The museums sound fun. I should try that trick on my husband sometime and maybe we would do something cool for once.. haha!